Stories, that is what I love.
If you were to write a story about me there would be travel, coffee, music, random adventures, comedy shows, cafe hunting, healthy eating, not so healthy eating, lots of early morning dog walks, and of course my wife Vikashni and my daughter Saffron.
Plus the fur kids Kooshan (bad cat) and Skye (walking partner and gas emitter)
If you are dying to know more, here are 10 things you don’t know about me…
- I once gave Princess Diana a clip on Koala for Prince William’s curtains
- I was once so tired after travelling to a Croatian village that I asked a waiter to “feed me” and then he served me a $130 on a three course truffle dinner (it was worth it).
- When I’m editing wedding photos I have music playing really really loud.
- Many people know me as Wombat, a throw back to a mean name calling incident in grade 7 (i’m ok with it now, thanks to therapy)
- I shot a portrait of my now wife 12 hours after meeting her and gave her a little discount on what she bought (she still thinks I should pay her back)
- I love personal development books, courses, audios and what ever else I can get my hands on.
- I have no idea what most of the things in the hardware store are or how to use them.
- I skipped class in highschool to go to another school and sneak into their darkroom before that school kicked me out…. I got kicked out of a school I didn’t go to.
- I pretended to work for a magazine to get a press pass for a music festival, after the festival I fessed up to the director and she gave me an access all areas pass for the following festivals
- When studying I started taking photos of unknown comedians with funny names like Rove and Wil Anderson
Awards and Judging
I’ve always seen awards as a chance to grow in my image making… it’s also a chance to shit myself multiple times every year… being judged always makes your heart beat harder.
But in saying that, i’ve picked up quite a few including AIPP Victorian Album of the Year and one year winning every single category in the AIPP Tasmanian Professional Photography Awards.
Beyond the being judged, i’m now a regular on state and national judging panels.
Commissioned portrait from his granddaughter
Bill, 99 years old at home
Half of Comedy duo Miss Itchy.
Last 50 Days
Someone mentioned we never capture the “lasts”, like the last bedtime story you read your kids. It got me thinking… how many days until my Monkey starts school.
A quick count revealed it was 50 days exactly.
So I started that day, to capture the Last 50 Days of Being A Preschooler.